Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roland Integra-7 sysex commands help
Staff
Roland Integra-7 sysex commands help

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hi,</p> <p>got some progress on my midi app ; I can send a whole sysex string as hex values and get the Integra to respond; although I have problems to read the actual midi implementation document.</p> <p>This is what I found so far</p> <p>- F0 is the exclusive message started (need to put it every time you start a message. It is constant</p> <p>- 41 is the Roland identifier, this never change from what I can tell</p> <p>- 10 is the device id, I have the default ID for my Integra, which is 17, but for some reason 10 is the right number here (the hex for 17 is 11, not 10)</p> <p>- 00 00 64 is the Integra-7 ID, it is constant</p> <p>Then, you have to add 4 numbers for the byte you want to address to; this is where I get lost, because in most of the document, when you address to a specific function, you see the values for the register that are made by 2 values, not 4</p> <p>- data value: this can be anything supported by the parameter</p> <p>- checksum: this is calculated by making the sum of the 4 byte values for the address plus the data value, in decimal. Then you subtract this value to 128 and convert back in hex.</p> <p>- F7 is the EOX, fundamentally the end of the exclusive command; it tell the device that you are done sending commands.</p> <p>As example I was able to trigger solo for a channel, which is performed with the following sysex string:</p> <p>F0 41 10 00 00 64 12 | 18 00 | 00 3F | 01 | 28 | F7</p> <p>The constant part|????|solo register|channel to solo|checksum|EOX command</p> <p>This works, and reading the reference manual for the midi implementation I see that 00 3F is the register for solo, but I am not sure what the 18 00 is for.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/fttklr"> /u/fttklr </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/ehfejh/roland_integra7_sysex_commands_help/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/ehfejh/roland_integra7_sysex_commands_help/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
Roland Integra-7 sysex commands help - by SynthWizard - 12-29-2019, 10:32 PM