Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Nord Lead 4 or A1 vs Access Virus - which to choose?
Staff
#1
0
0
Nord Lead 4 or A1 vs Access Virus - which to choose?

Hi all,

I've been looking into buying a hardware synth. My use cases are twofold: The first use case is for live performances, but the second use case is as a composer's tool for complementing Omnisphere, Serum, Kontakt/Komplete, and Zebra.

My musical style is largely experimental and leans towards future funk or psytrance - I like making music that is danceable, but sounds wonky and out-of-this-world in some way; I only use presets as shortcuts to the final patch I envision for a particular piece.

As for the synthesizer, I'm trying to figure out which one to get - my favorite synth tracks are usually from Tipper's catalog, like Flunked, Lattice EP, or recent albums such as Forward Escape and Jettison Mind Hatch. He's a big Access Virus fan, but I'm not sure which model would be best for me - I loathe 37-key synthesizers, so it'd be either a Nord or the 61-key model Access has.

Anyone able to help me figure out which choice would be best?

submitted by /u/spookytus
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Adam Jones’ Guitar Tone: Sound Like Tool...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Gluon, DRUMFLX, BIT LAYER: Free Plugins ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
10 Minutes with HUM 2 : Nystrom Instrume...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Buchla Ziggy Synthesizer Now Expected To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
SynthSkool Intros Degauss Vintage Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Ocean Swift Intros Wave Editor For Mac &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Free Evolving Drone And String Synth : K...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Spectral Sound Morpher : Dystopian Waves...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Free Four-Track Recorder For Windows : F...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6