Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help getting Behringer Model D into computer
Staff
#1
0
0
Help getting Behringer Model D into computer

Hi everybody! I'm new to analogue synths - just bought a Behringer Model D! But I learned that my midi keyboard doesn't have a 5-pin midi out. Just USB. I'm trying to figure out how to get those sweet sweet fake Moog sounds into Ableton. Here are the puzzle pieces:

- Midi keyboard (Novation Launchkey 49) with USB out (no MIDI out)

- Macbook pro running Ableton

- Apogee ONE interface (for audio, no MIDI)

- Behringer Model D

​

How do I assemble the puzzle?? I have tried researching, but honestly, I'm not the world's most tech-savvy guy and I see so many threads that suggest things that are complicated, some that are simple but I'm not sure they'd work for my setup, some that I just don't understand, etc.

​

I'd really prefer not to have to buy a new MIDI keyboard (or spend a lot more money). I will never really be using the synth without Ableton (I've seen a lot of solutions that don't involve computers, but I feel like my computer should be able to do this). Isn't there some way I can go Keyboard->Computer(/Ableton)->Behringer Model D and then back into the Apogee One Interface into Ableton for audio?

​

Would one of these work? (Or these or these?) Do I have to worry about latency with this setup?

​

Thank you!

​

​

submitted by /u/oliverisyourdaddy
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Polarity-MEQ, GRNi Lite, Lega Effect: Fr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5