Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What do I need to know about building my own rack furniture?
Staff
#1
0
0
What do I need to know about building my own rack furniture?

As I've gotten more gear, I've run into the problem of not having enough space on my desk for it all. To solve this, I'm considering building my own small studio rack (something along the lines of this) as a little woodworking DIY project, but before I do so I've got a few questions for anyone who has done something similar.

  • Is there any particular type of wood that would be appropriate for this project?

  • What accommodations in construction do I need to make in the name of heat management?

  • Is it necessary to have a space in between each piece of equipment (audio/midi interfaces, synthesizers, etc.)?

  • What are some good brands for rack rails?

submitted by /u/vacuumsaregreat
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
The Best Guitars for Jazz Beginners: 6 H...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4