Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Cinematic music studio setup — hardware vs software
Staff
#1
0
0
Cinematic music studio setup — hardware vs software

My goal is to do cinematic/video game music (as well as ambient/synthwave/etc). I have the fully upgraded Komplete 12 and a computer that is decked out to handle big projects. Unfortunately, I also dislike working completely in the box. I’ve started collecting digital synths/romplers (JV-1080, JD-990, VZ-10M), and my GAS is on overdrive. I’m pretty much lusting over the Proteus 2500 as well as the Integra 7, JV-2080, and TX802. Considering that I have Komplete, am I being wasteful chasing after those other synths? How do the sounds compare with Komplete? Will I be better off with the hardware if I dislike working with software (at least full time...I’ll probably use some libraries for things like choirs or ambiance)?

submitted by /u/Tiernan1980
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Antares release AutoTune Advanced
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Expressive E update the Osmose
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Synchro Arts unveil VocAlign 7
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8