Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
X-Pan, Pams, and clipping question
Staff
#1
0
0
X-Pan, Pams, and clipping question

Hey all, I've got a kind of boring bass line going and figured it would be cool to play with the panning on it. I sent a sine wave from Pam's into X-Pan's pan input and got a standard sweep between channels. My next thought was to increase the speed of the sine wave for each hit a la typical dubstep ramping lfo. I made a ramp in Pams, sent it to CV 1, and set the panning sine's speed to CV1. Now it's clipping pretty hard unless I attenuate CV1 to the point of not being noticable.

If I set my panning Sine to 1x up to 3x it pans fine, as I get past that it starts to sound noisey but that's more audio rate of the panning rather than the hard clipping I was getting when using a ramp to set the speed. If I Offset CV1 pretty high and Attenuate it low it seems to do what I want much cleaner but I'm not sure why?

For what it's worth, this is my rack.

submitted by /u/plytheman
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Adam Jones’ Guitar Tone: Sound Like Tool...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Gluon, DRUMFLX, BIT LAYER: Free Plugins ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
10 Minutes with HUM 2 : Nystrom Instrume...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Buchla Ziggy Synthesizer Now Expected To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
SynthSkool Intros Degauss Vintage Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Ocean Swift Intros Wave Editor For Mac &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Free Evolving Drone And String Synth : K...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Spectral Sound Morpher : Dystopian Waves...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Free Four-Track Recorder For Windows : F...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6