Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Long Shot: Any Expert Roland S-550/S-50 Users Out There?
Staff
#1
0
0
Long Shot: Any Expert Roland S-550/S-50 Users Out There?

I want to copy the extensive free S-550 sample libraries onto some good old fashioned floppy disks for use in my Roland S-550. The catch? I use a MacMini with current OS and only vague memories of how to use windows or floppy drivers (I'm by no means a savvy computer-ist, i.e. no windows partitions on my system or anything remotely advanced.) I picked up a cheap USB floppy drive from amazon (Tendak) to test if this is do-able. Right now I'm sitting with a massive zip file of 80 factory banks saved on my desktop. so far so good. I'm waiting on a pack of blank disks to arrive so can't trial-and-error yet but am wondering if I'm missing a step, or if I can just drag these disk images directly to the floppy drive and that's it? I assume I'll need to format the blank disks in the S-550 before attempting to write the samples onto them. Anyone see a missing step that I'm not seeing or potential hiccups? Any input is well appreciated and I thank you all in advance!

submitted by /u/CoffeePockets
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Trilling Synth DARP - Dreamy Dual Arpegg...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 17
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22