Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help me decide between the mini and FS versions of Korg MS-20
Staff
#1
0
0
Help me decide between the mini and FS versions of Korg MS-20

Hello. I'm looking to buy a Korg MS-20, and right now I have the following 2 options:

1) Used Korg MS-20 mini: $400 and Korg SQ-1:$100

2) New Korg MS-20 FS and Korg SQ-1: $1250

To be honest, the version I really like is the MS-20M kit but that goes usually for a considerably higher price due to limited production, especially with shipping costs to my country (where there's not many options to get any kind of synths like these, so both options 1) and 2) are attractive to me in that regard (exclusively talking about price)

​

Now, here's the thing. With the Korg MS-20 FS having the only additional features of better build quality (I assume this is very substancial), original size, posibility of switching to the rev 2 filter on startup (why no external switch tho? :S), would you say it's worth it to go for the FS version? It would also be a new unit which is good

I've wanted to get a synth like this for a long time but the 20M version just seems too far out of reach for me and I really just want to get into making music with a hardware synth like this. Especially a beauty like the MS-20 synth

Thanks for taking the time to click on and read my post, I hope you have a good day!

submitted by /u/chucuyo
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Raspel: Free plug-in from Kreuzberg Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
UVI Falcon 2027 Flies The Nest with More...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Melbourne Instruments ROTO-CONTROL: 60+ ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7