Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sound design for washed out, warm pad.
Staff
#1
0
0
Sound design for washed out, warm pad.

Hi all,

So I've been bumping a song for the past several months--probably self medicating. The melody contains a pad, with a slight lfo, alongside a lo-fi piano, a water like sample/stab?? an acapella with lots of tape delay.

Would anyone happen to know how one might go about designing such a pad--what fundamental wave forms is it? Where would I be able to find samples for re-creating this vibe more generally?

I don't know, there is just something in the melody of this song which is keeping me going during lockdown and the pandemic. Any help as to recreating the melody would be very much appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBAv1_7VrNk

edit: I appreciate that part of the "vibe" comes from the properties of tape--however, I suppose I am concerned here more with creating/using the soundscape, rather than the inherent audio/FX processing.

submitted by /u/MrAngryRussian
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
EVE Audio partner with Arturia
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
5 of the Best Analog Polysynths: Tones S...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8