Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Non-specific tips for ambient/generative
Staff
#1
0
0
Non-specific tips for ambient/generative

So, I know this is probably a stereotypical post, but hopefully I can take a new angle. I've seen a ton of posts on this sub around what gear is necessary for making ambient, and they always get decent responses. One thing I don't see is a good description of the actual techniques to make soundscapes/generative/ambient music. Can anyone give some tips and tricks for general patching ideas that can lead to cool ambient music that isn't gear specific (so like no "ohh you just need to run everything through mimeophon"Wink.

It would be awesome if they could be framed up in the more "standard" eurorack tools (generic oscillators, LFOs, modulation, etc). I know effects are necessary, so we can include those, but I'd like to stay more general (reverb, delay vs clouds and magneto). I think my rack has a little bit of most stuff, so I like to think I could give this kind of patching a shot, but I don't know where to start? Anyone feel like they can help?

submitted by /u/devolution710
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4