Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Noob Question: How to think about voices / sound sources
Staff
#1
0
0
Noob Question: How to think about voices / sound sources

I've been watching a lot of videos from FACTMagazine on youtube in the "Patch Notes" series and am fascinated by the modular.

I've understood that most modular setups are monophonic yet all of these videos I'm watching feature pads + basslines + leads. Is each one of these discrete sounds I'm hearing coming from a different sound source (ie multiple VCOs in the rack) and the output is being mixed somewhere at the end of the chain, either by a mixing module or an external mixing board? Put another way, is the number of simultaneous sounds equal to the number of sound producing modules?

It's unclear to me because many performances are using external tools that are capable of sampling so it's hard for me to tell if I'm listening to samples being triggered vs multiple sounds coming out simultaneously

I hope this question doesn't come across as low effort, but if it does please berate me for not reading X so I can go and read it Wink

submitted by /u/fuckingoverit
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Nothing Headphone (1) Pro: Goodbye AirPo...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Guitar Days at Thomann: More Than 500 Co...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon La Brea Analog Tape Drive: Inspi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Kreuzberg Audio reveal Oberton
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
The Crow Hill Company release Children’s...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Neumann launch the KK 104 A & KK 105 A
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
LW6 wireless headphones from Lewitt Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Avalanche Tones introduce Noise Suite
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Apple Mac Studio with M5 Max: First Impr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0