Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
System 8 or Deepmind 12?
Staff
#1
0
0
System 8 or Deepmind 12?

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to grab a system 8 for $900. I currently have a Deepmind 12 and I think it’s pretty decent; I was new to the synths and it really made learning about synthesis easy. However, I’m really interested in vintage Roland sounds and hence my interest in the System 8. I know you can achieve the Juno sound through the Deepmind and I definitely have, but something about it isn’t quite as satisfying as the System 8 videos I’ve seen—maybe it’s the filter? I can’t quite explain it. Also, the Deepmind offers so many different types of sounds that I don’t really see myself using...I’m mainly interested in lush vintage pads for indie pop or psych pop music.

My perceived pros of Deepmind: -more voices, more effect/ mod options, two LFO’s, aftertouch

My perceived pros of System 8: -great filter, tons of oscillator possibilities, super accurate Juno and Jupiter sounds

What do you think? Should I pull the trigger and sell the Deepmind, or hang onto it?

submitted by /u/ElmosWorld1243
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
The DMNO ON from UDO Audio
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:07 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sound Particles update Energy Panner 2 &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:07 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Cherry Audio release Pentaphonic
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:07 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Raspel: Free plug-in from Kreuzberg Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:07 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:07 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:07 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:07 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0