Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How do you document/categorize factory synth presets?
Staff
#1
0
0
How do you document/categorize factory synth presets?

I'm not much of a sound designer yet, so when I get a new synth, I try to go through the factory presets and make a note of which ones I like and could make use of in a text file. At first I've tried describing the sound (e.g, pluck, pad, drone atmosphere, bell, sequenced) and my feelings around it (nope, meh, good, amazing). I'm finding this to be tedious at best and mentally exhausting at worst. I'm guessing I'm being way too OCD about this and there must be a better way.

When you go to make music, do you just randomly scan through presets until you find something you like? Do you spend so much time with the synth that you know by heart which ones are what you're looking for? Or do you maintain notes about your presets like I described above?

submitted by /u/dragginfruit
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
EVE Audio partner with Arturia
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9