Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Microkorg behaving strangely, patches sound wrong, please help!!!
Staff
#1
0
0
Microkorg behaving strangely, patches sound wrong, please help!!!

Hello!

​

I purchased a microkorg this weekend, which is a lot of fun. However...

I bought the Microkorg patch set from True Cuckoo and (after doing a factory reset) installed them, seemingly successfully. Or so I thought.

About half the patches have this weird issue going on where they repeat a pattern, like xxoixxoi [full][full][muted][silent]. I've spoken with Cuckoo about this (such a nice guy to try to help!) and he says:

" Many of the keyboard patches are using 3+1 poly mode, where three voices are normal polyphony, and a third one is emulating the key-on and key-off sound. And some are using 2+2 poly in layers, allowing for only 2 simultaneous notes. But they shouldn’t cycle like this. It would be weird if there was a global setting for letting the sound engine cycle. "

Sometimes it's a pattern of 4 hits, sometimes it's 3, sometimes it's every other hit. And again, many of the patches sound just fine.

I've now spent about 8-10 hours trying to figure this out, and I'm hitting the wall. I just don't know what else to try. Cuckoo also sound it could be a firmware issue, but as far as I can tell there is no way to reset the firmware or update it or replace it.

Just super bizarre.

If anyone has any insight or suggestions, I would LOVE to hear them. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/EvanTurningTheCorner
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15