Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Connecting other DC devices to Eurorack power?
Staff
#1
0
0
Connecting other DC devices to Eurorack power?

Hi, I have a few things I'd like to try connecting to my Euro power bus, if it won't cause any noise or power consumption issues or damage any components modules.

Say I have an LCD screen that is powered by DC 12V; the AC adapter says the DC barrel plug is Inner/tip +; Outer/sleeve -. When I test the plug w/ a multimeter i get +12 V with the + lead on the tip, - lead on the sleeve.

If I understand the euro power specs correctly, each module gets +12 and -12 V via two different pins in the ribbon cable; so that's a 24V total? Or am I thinking about this wrong?

Could I then plug the LCD screen in with a hacked wire to connect to +12 and Ground? Or would I need to connect a device that expects +/- 12 (24v).

May be an easy question, but I know very little about power or circuit design, just trying to hack it out.

Similar, if i had a 12V or 5 V LED strip, would I need to connect just positive V and ground, or would the euro power bus expect a plus-minus power draw?

​

thanks!

submitted by /u/used_pets
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:34 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:34 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4