Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What is that classic house / dub / techno sound made with?
Staff
#1
0
0
What is that classic house / dub / techno sound made with?

There's one specific sound I hear everywhere. 90s house classics mix? Sound is there. Dub house live set? Sound is there. Modular techno jam video? You guessed it, that sound is there.

You can hear it here from second 0.1 shortly after the bassline starts.

Or here a little more sublte from the 15:50 mark onward.

I'm sure you guys have heard it thousands of times before, just like I did.

Now I was wondering... What is that sound from? Is it from one specific sample, like so many other classic sounds? I guess so, since it sounds almost exactly the same in all songs I hear it in. Or is it done with a specific patch on a specific piece of gear?

I tried replicating it with my gear but closest I could get was a short, downtuned sting stab from my D-50 mixed with a sample from a Rhodes. It came somewhat close, but wasn't the real deal.

It drives me insane, I need to know! Tongue

submitted by /u/-sbl-
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
LW6 wireless headphones from Lewitt Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:53 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Avalanche Tones introduce Noise Suite
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:53 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Apple Mac Studio with M5 Max: First Impr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:53 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
SoundGhost release Orbit
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:53 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
iDrumTune from RT60
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:53 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Casio Sessions returns for 2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:53 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
ART Pro Audio reveal the RPC Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:53 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Museum of Synthesizers present the Artur...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
ReSing Voices Vol 2 from IK Multimedia
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1