Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Volca FM or Korg 707?
Staff
#1
0
0
Volca FM or Korg 707?

I am looking for some 80's FM for my rather cheap jamming setup and I am considering a Volca FM or Korg 707. The obvious choice is the Korg and I was already settled on buying it in the near future but then I learned about the Korg. The Korg is just as expensive on the used market as a new Volca and has a keyboard (I don't have a midi keyboard). It also has a higher polyphony. The downside of the Korg are bad presets. But if I understand that correctly the sound engine itself isn't bad. An other downside is that I can't use dexed presets with the Korg (?). Also there are not much presets around.

So, is the bigger keyboard and polyphony worth the time making own presets? Am I missing some other pros or cons? Are my assumptions correct?

submitted by /u/Panda_In_Wakanda
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Cherry Audio release Pentaphonic
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:23 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Plugins You Actually Need For Mixing
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Cherry Audio release Pentaphonic
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Raspel: Free plug-in from Kreuzberg Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Cherry Audio Revives Rare Gleeman Pentap...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Suzanne Ciani On Buchla Instruments & Mo...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:10 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:10 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:10 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5