Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Case powering off - instantaneous or not?
Staff
#1
0
0
Case powering off - instantaneous or not?

My first case, which I've had for awhile, will basically turn off instantly as soon as I flip the power switch -- all modules shut down right away. I just got a new case and I'm testing it with a couple modules but when I turn it off it's almost like the power 'fades' away. Things keep running for a few seconds and then turn off. Modules like my Doepfer sequential switch have the LEDs quite slowly fading out.

These are the only two cases I've ever had and I'm unsure if all cases should turn off instant, like my original case, or if some do kind of 'fade off'. Basically, does this come down to something like different power supplies and it's not an issue or could this be dangerous for modules? Do your cases turn off instantly or having this 'fading off' behavior?

submitted by /u/guyliangirl
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:08 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
The Modular Synthesizers Of Don Buchla
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Miltone 4EXP (Oberheim Four Voice Clone)...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Asyx Andromeda A6 Plugin Audio Demo (Sne...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
PLICATA Is A Patchable Microtonal Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Unofficial Mods For Elektron Digitakt Ad...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9