Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Absolute Beginner in Need of Help
Staff
#1
0
0
Absolute Beginner in Need of Help

I am brand new to synths and currently don’t own any equipment, but I really want to get into it. I have been doing a bunch of research to figure out what would be right for me to start out with. I really want to create some ambient / dreamy music. All of which will just be for my own pleasure of being creative. I don’t know how to play keyboard, so I fear a synth with one might not be right. I have been playing around with VCV and think it’s really fun and interesting to create with. However, I really want some hardware that does it all, as I am on the computer enough as it is. This would mean I’ll probably need more than one thing because I haven’t found anything that will be able sequence multiple tracks and have all the effects like delay and reverb built in. If there are any please let me know. I was looking at the deluge to sequence maybe paired with a microcosm (I have been told this does ambient very well) but this would be very expensive. I am thinking about modular as an option, but that’s even more of an expense. If anyone has the knowledge to help me it would be greatly appreciate.

submitted by /u/Snackers-
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15