Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My Kirby's Dreamland 3 "Grass Land 4" Synth Cover (microfreak, volca FM, JD-Xi)
Staff
#1
0
0
My Kirby's Dreamland 3 "Grass Land 4" Synth Cover (microfreak, volca FM, JD-Xi)

My Kirby's Dreamland 3 "Grass Land 4" Synth Cover (microfreak, volca FM, JD-Xi)

Bring in the new year with this Kirby cover I just uploaded to my channel! Kirby's Dreamland 3 has a bunch of good music and this one always stood out to me when I played the game with my 5 year old. He likes it, too!

I mostly used the Microfreak and Volca FM throughout this track. The "horn" sound is one I came up with just using the basic waves saw osc and detuning in the cycle env. On top of that I'm using a brass ensemble type patch with the volca FM. The whistle sounds are done with the Harm osc and using the noise in the cycle env. Can't go wrong with the new oscillators in that firmware update. I'm always using them!

I am using a weird "music box" type sound with the Volca FM and one layered in the background that sounds a little distorted with the MF, too. That is me attempting to keep the song from sounding too wimpy! The MF also does that weird warbly sound towards the end of the song.

The bass is all the Volca FM. I usually go for a bass sound with more punch or harmonics but this song has a smooth kind of deep bass sound that I thought the FM bass sounded good for.

Hope you guys like it and thanks for checking it out!

https://youtu.be/o_jwHFKRkMc

​

​

https://preview.redd.it/y4alq70jdb981.png?width=1122&format=png&auto=webp&s=e402e81101a60d5f076ca08435646a8065edcc34

submitted by /u/IM_MT_
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Ground Loops in the Home Studio 2026: Th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Impressive Deals From 3 Big Brands: Artu...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Impressive Deals From 3 Big Brands: Artu...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
5 of the Best Samplers with Analog Filte...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7