Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
JX3P or JX8P, and which is better in a modern setup?
Staff
#1
0
0
JX3P or JX8P, and which is better in a modern setup?

I know there’s probably no definitive answer about this and opinions will vary, but I value those opinions. Smile

What I know for sure is that I love that mid 80s JX sound. What I’m less sure about is which model I want, but I believe I’ve narrowed it down to these two obviously most popular models. I’m only searching listings that include the PG programmer for each respective machine.

I’ve read mixed things about the midi implementations on each of them and I am trying to decide which would be the easiest to slot into a modern recording rig. I also welcome general opinions about the sounds, features etc. of the two machines.

If it helps, I absolutely love the sound of my 106 and I have the impression that these machines are kind of like a Juno with two oscillators, which would be the dream. I know there are other differences, but perhaps we can approach this in terms of which of them might feel/sound most familiar to me as a Juno owner.

submitted by /u/No-Satisfaction7842
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
music2me: Online Music School with Live ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Cherry Audio release Pentaphonic
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:23 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6