Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is USB midi much less stable than DIN midi for sequencers?
Staff
#1
0
0
Is USB midi much less stable than DIN midi for sequencers?

I got a hardware sequencer recently (Pyramid Squarp) and I've noticed when I plug it into my computer via USB and just use it to trigger vst instruments that it misses notes. Like if I program a drum beat on the squarp it just won't play all the notes, and its completely random. Ive turned off all clock sync related things I can so I can confirm it's not a clock issue (that I know of), and I have tried it on many DAWs and standalone VSTs where the issue persists.

After tons of troubleshooting the issue seems to be that it's related to the USB connection because if I use midi with the midi cable through my RME interface the issue goes away.

I've been reading online that USB midi just isn't completely capable of accurate playback, but something about this isn't sounding right. I've used countless USB midi keyboards in the past without missed notes or notes that don't trigger correctly.

Hopefully this is the right sub. Could anyone provide some clarity on this?

submitted by /u/TheResinAnts
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Free Emulator Brings Waldorf Wave Sound ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Polyend Intros Loop 8-Track Performance ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Shear Electronics Reliq Meets Anthony Ma...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9