Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Understanding soft sync on Instruo Ts-L
Staff
#1
0
0
Understanding soft sync on Instruo Ts-L

Hey folks. Have a really specific query I’m hoping people can help with - not sure if I have an issue with a module or I just don’t understand something.

SO - Instruo Ts-L has a soft sync input. As I understand it from the manual when a rising / gate signal is input into soft sync, it reverses the direction of the main oscillator waveform outs (sine, triangle, etc).

At audio rate this works fine and can be used to create various effects.

BUT following this same logic, when the Ts-L is in LFO mode, I don’t observe the same behaviour. What I thought would happen: 1. I set Ts-L in Lfo mode and route the sine out into V-per-Oct of another VCO 2. I hear the second oscillator rising and falling in pitch as you’d expect from the lfo sine of the Ts-L 3. I then patch a gate signal / slow square wave lfo into the soft sync input of the ts-l and … 4. Each time soft sync receives a gate, ts-l reverses direction of lfo, creating more complex melodic sequences in the second VCO

Except … when I do steps 1-3 … step 4 doesn’t happen. Inputs to soft sync have no effect on lfo direction of the TS-L at all.

Any idea why not? Does soft sync not normally work in LFO range?

Wd welcome any insight from ts-l owners or other experienced wrigglers !

submitted by /u/Efficient-Matter5509
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:35 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:35 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Focusrite, Novation, and ADAM Audio: Stu...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Chip Sound of the 1990s with Hardware in...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0