Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What’s the minimum I’d need for generative ambient drones?
Staff
#1
0
0
What’s the minimum I’d need for generative ambient drones?

I’ve started creating/performing ambient music that incorporates guitars, electronic elements, steel drums, and crystal bowls. Live performances are primarily intended to work with guided meditations, so I’m looking for very calming, soothing sounds.

I’m not really happy with using a laptop and Logic to generate drones, since I feel like I’m really locked into one loop, staring at my computer, and it’s difficult to create something that I can evolve and transform on the fly. I think a modular rack may be a good solution, but I’m looking for something small, portable, and easy to set up. I’m wondering— is this possible, or even practical to do (I’m thinking of something that is 2-6 modules for physical space/budget) or should I look into alternative solutions?

submitted by /u/smoozadelic
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
5 of the Best Analog Polysynths: Tones S...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Analogue Solutions ship second Filtopia ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
ADAM Audio introduce the Sub8 PRO & Sub1...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
The DMNO ON from UDO Audio
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sound Particles update Energy Panner 2 &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Cherry Audio release Pentaphonic
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Raspel: Free plug-in from Kreuzberg Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0