Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Control setup
Staff
#1
0
0
Control setup

I'm trying to keep my setup to 7U 84HP. Main design concept is processing (tape and microsound inspired) with Plaits and Beads. The key to rich music I want to make is control. So I now have a hodgepodge of menu-diving modules and I'm starting to wonder if that's the way to go if I want to perform live. Here's the current setup: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1995035 So the control units are Hermod, Maths, Lapsus OS, distingEX, Pique, Ornament and Crime. So I've got a lot of control possibilities, but too many interfaces to learn. The first three could be viewed as pretty good live performance controllers (although if I had room for eloquencer that might have replaced Hermod). Hermod takes 26, Maths 20, Lapsus 10. The remaining 3 swiss army knives take up 20HP. But they may drive me crazy, or I may end up deciding to use them for only specific things, like quantizing and various random CV. Is Pam's a better live performance unit? How about replacing two of the 3 with Pam's? I'm really struggling with this as I need to be able to perform with other instrumental musicians playing winds.

submitted by /u/schizophonicmusic
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Trilling Synth DARP - Dreamy Dual Arpegg...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 14
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19