Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Shipping a Studio from US to EU
Staff
#1
0
0
Shipping a Studio from US to EU

Hello friends -

I've decided to make the leap from California to Germany.

And - Ive got a lot of synths and studio gear in tow.

About 6 mid - large analog keyboard synths, some rack gear, a Eurorack setup, an Arp2600 (original), some Elektron boxes, even a Wurlitzer 200, some odds and ends, and some guitars. So a pretty sizable amount of stuff - but would categorize as a mid-size home studio. Id rather not sell and rebuy overseas if I can avoid it.

I was wondering if anyone has gone through this process before and found solid economical options for freighting, shipping containers, or even individual packages (which is unlikely that would be the way to go but am open to it with the higher end stuff.)

This thread could be a go to resource for anyone planning a similar move and has a studio full of vintage, delicate, and now expensive synths.

SHIPPING - Thus far I've looked into: Upakweship.com. They seem fair priced and straight forward enough where they send you the crate - you fill it up with what you can - and then they pick it up and ship it. But I'm hoping for better options.

IMPORTING - I know there are tariffs, importing details, even events where if the boat is waiting at sea there are port fees - but I also dont know all that there is to know about this.

PACKING - If there are any methodologies to packing and protecting synths for a long journey I welcome suggestions there as well and for the community. (Some synth sellers really need the packing properly tips lol)

POWER - What are the best options for powering US power rated synths that can't convert to 220v?

Thanks

~ e

submitted by /u/TheQualityOfLight
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
UVI Falcon 2027 Flies The Nest with More...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
ADAM Audio Sub10 PRO and Sub8 PRO: 2 New...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Teenage Engineering Wants to Stop Making...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0