Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Nymphes hum/buzz at max volume?
Staff
#1
0
0
Nymphes hum/buzz at max volume?

I recently bought myself a Dreadbox Nymphes as my first synthesizer, and I’ve really enjoyed it so far. I’m still a beginner, so this might be a silly question (although I have yet to find an answer through lots of googling and experimenting):

I have noticed that there is an audible hum/buzz when the volume is turned to maximum. This occurs both through headphones and when I plug the synthesizer into my audio interface and record through ableton. After some research, I considered that it might be a ground loop (I live in a very old apartment building). However, after taking it outside and powering it with a USB power bank, the hum still persisted.

Is it normal for the Nymphes to hum like this? What are some things that might be wrong here? How do you avoid picking up that buzz/hum when you are recording through an interface? Thanks for all the help!

Edit: The hum can also be faintly heard at lower volumes, but it is most obvious at higher volumes.

submitted by /u/bearkneesoup
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
sE Electronics V8: A Premium Stage Mic w...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Focusrite, Novation, and ADAM Audio: Stu...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0