Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Challenges with calibrating voice modules
Staff
#1
0
0
Challenges with calibrating voice modules

So I’m currently trying to calibrate my BIA using a multimeter (as described in the manual). I have a 4 digit multimeter. I feel like I might need a 5 digit for this task, but they are quite a bit more expensive than what I have now. (Anyone know of a reasonably priced five-digit?)

I followed the instructions precisely and still am a number of cents off going up an octave. I ran into similar issues with my DPO, albeit a different calibration process.

The BIA manual says a better method is to use a Peterson 490 strobe tuner…. That’s probably not going to happen :/

What is the expectation for tuning across a couple octaves. Is it unreasonable to expect being fairly spot on? Any tips in general?

submitted by /u/sineseeker
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Focusrite, Novation, and ADAM Audio: Stu...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Chip Sound of the 1990s with Hardware in...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0