Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Good modules to complement my 0-coast?
Staff
#1
0
0
Good modules to complement my 0-coast?

Hey guys, complete beginner here, so please dont judge me for not having a clue where to start.

I have a make noise 0-coast and an Arturia Keystep and im pretty happy with both! Im running the 0-coast through ableton, adding virtual effects and using the Keystep to play it at the moment, its so much fun already!

However, I want to expand. I want to start building a little eurorack system, to complement my current setup. I am fascinated by the idea of generative ambient music and I love ambient in general, so I will build it to be suitable for that kind of stuff.

My question now is: what are some good modules to do that? Which modules would work well with my 0-coast and Keystep to make ambient/generative?

As I already said above, im a complete noob, my journey into modular is just starting right now. What I "know" is, that I will need a lot of modulation to make generative ambient, so at least quad VCA and some LFOs will probably be necessary, right? Also I heard a lot of people say that you need a MATHS for generative ambient. Is that true? Why is it so extremely popular? Its kinda expensive so Im not sure about that.

Anyways, I appreciate any advice and again, please forgive my cluelessness Big Grin

submitted by /u/huurensoohn1
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Trilling Synth DARP - Dreamy Dual Arpegg...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15