Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korg EMX1 and Juno 106
Staff
Korg EMX1 and Juno 106

Hi there, looking for some help regarding the two above synths. Im using ableton live as my DAW and a macbook pro 15" as my computer.

I have hooked the juno upto the korg via midi... Midi in on korg has a midi cable going into my RME Fireface midi out. Midi out on korg has a midi cable going into Juno 106 midi in...

I have two external instrument channels set up in ableton for the emx and juno seperately. My emx is on mono channel no.5 and the juno is on 3/4.

The EMX clock is external and is run when i hit play on ableton which is what i want.

The problem i have is that when i do press play for example, every sound on the emx is triggering the juno whether it be the drums or the synth part. I do not want this to happen and i have tried changing the midi channels but with no success.

Would really appreciate some advice on how to have the drums from the emx playing their own sounds while the synth parts also can play from the korg and i have say 1 or 2 synth tabs on the emx playing from the juno....

Also i have noticed that the main wheel on the emx that can view through different presets is actually controlling the juno at the same time and flicking through the presets on there...?!

Does this mean the emx can control other parts of the juno for example cut off, and adsr? is it possible to make the knobs on the emx control those parameters?

Please someone give me some sound advice T

submitted by /u/tzadeh07
[link] [comments]