Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standard First Row Noob thread
Staff
Standard First Row Noob thread

Hey so seeing as I have a lot of free time and for the first time in my life a bit of cash - with a lot of prerecorded audio to process (mostly P6, Voyager and Tanzbar/RYTM) I will be delving into the modular world. So here is my draft for my first Row - https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1130394

I feel like I need something to glue everything together yet also allow the possibility to grow in the future. So yeah my main function at the moment will initially to process existing audio but going forward to create too.

These 3 are ones I'm 100%

Monsoon - Obvs just for sending synths and making nice textures reverbs (pretty self-explanatory - also like big t panel so feel this will be a nice first module)

OptoMix - Love the LPG sound and will be processing audio through this also can be used as a mixer I hear.

Maths - Use this to control Opto /Obvs will get this one as I start to build.

Flexible but 75% sold on

Quad VCA - Seems like a bit of a no brainer module but could also be Veils.

Plaits - Might as well have an oscillator and I played with it already and think it sounds great/versatile (was also thinking STO as cheaper).

3 Sisters - Just looks like a cool filter that I would not have used with any of my other synths can run through existing audio/after clouds etc (also open to something else)

Then I have a bit more space to glue everything/expand what I have.

Will also probably get a beat step seeing as it seems cheap and a good sequencer to start with alternatively I can also sequence via Live so would obvs need a converter there.

So was just going to buy the first 3 to start but was also thinking of maybe an LFO or something. Btw I also have 2 more rows but for the next 6 months or soI'd like to just keep it simple so I can learn these ones. But yah Looking for a good recommendation to complete this row.

Thank u.

submitted by /u/tristanhbe
[link] [comments]