Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on the NDLR
Staff
Thoughts on the NDLR

Does anyone have any opinions on the Conductive Labs NDLR now that its been out for a while? I am still searching for a good workflow for spontaneous jamming. I usually use Maschine, which i like a lot, but i'm hoping i can find something more organic/less structured that doesn't require booting up my pc.
I find looper pedals fun for jamming, and i love that zero preparation is required, and i can just hit record when inspiration strikes... but my current one doesn't sync with MIDI (Which i want for drums), and tends to distort when i add more than 2 or 3 layers (unless i turn volumes way down). So i'd considered upgrading to something like the Boss 505... but its expensive, and i'm still stuck with limitations of the looper format.
I've also been thinking about a dedicated hardware sequencer(maybe keystep pro) but im worried that i might just be buying a less flexible version of Maschine.

I didn't know much about the NDLR... but it seems really cool, and seems to solve a lot of the issues i currently have with trying to play more complex arrangements live without the preparation of preauthoring sequences. ie. I can currently play chords/arps and melodies at the same time on different synths, but i wish i could magically get a 3rd hand to play a bassline that followed the root note of my chord changes.

So how well does it work in practice? Any obvious issues? Does it have tendency to make all your jams sound the same? The screen and controls look fiddly - is it a pain to set up, or do you find you can just switch it on and go with minimal effort?

Any opinions appreciated!

submitted by /u/danielge78
[link] [comments]