Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your opinions on the sonics of the various ARP 2600 replicas?
Staff
What are your opinions on the sonics of the various ARP 2600 replicas?

As far as I can tell, they pretty much rank in this order for me:

1. TTSH
  2. Behringer
  3. Korg

Now, granted, this is what I have concluded only from listening to youtube demos. I never actually even been in the same room with one of them before... That being said, to me the difference in between each of them is quite obvious and pretty drastic... I think the TTSH BY FAR sounds the closest to the original (perhaps even a little better in some videos i’ve heard?)

The Behringer definitely sounds cool and seems neat to me.. but it also just appears to almost be an entirely different animal all together...To me it sounds very clean and polished and almost digital... It also does not appear to be as fun or tactile as the TTSH when it comes to things like sound exploration and making little happy mistakes... I think this may also just have a lot to do with how much smaller it appears to be then the other clones...

And then you have the newest korg version... And I hate to say it.. But I don’t even like the way it sounds when i hear the demos... I mean it looks fantastic!… But I don’t think I’ve heard anyone make a sound on it yet that i actually liked... Whether it be someone from Korg doing the demo or the guy from orbital... However this also makes sense a little bit to me… I remember when the odyssey rev 2 first got released by Korg A few years ago… At that point in time i was still very happy just being an “in the box” producer/engineer and had not yet begun my obsession with synthesizers... I remember going to guitar center and trying it out and thinking “wow that was incredibly stupid! why do people love this thing so much??” And just kind of left that there and didn’t think about it.. A couple years later a very good friend of mine acquired an original Odyssey... and I was blown away!.. It sounded so incredible And I finally understood why everybody had sooooo much love for it...

So am I missing something here? Do you guys agree with this? Or if not please share your opinion! Also if there is another one that I haven’t mentioned here that is worth mentioning, please let me know!

I’ve been thinking about buying one for a couple years now ever since I saw that studio tour video with Junkie XL where he walks us through a patch he did for Deadpool on the TTSH.. Anyways, I think I’ve Finally made up my mind to sell a few things that I don’t play so much and hopefully in return get one single big thing that i will always love and enjoy!

Looking forward to seeing what you guys might have to say!

submitted by /u/IAMKNYNE
[link] [comments]