Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: Tiptop has a 2-year warranty on their stackcable cables
Staff
PSA: Tiptop has a 2-year warranty on their stackcable cables

Perhaps you've decided to never waste hp on a passive mult ever again and you have a bottomless synth fund that let's you never be caught dead skimping on cables for your modular. But if by chance you're like me and occasionally go crazy and treat your synth to a $6 stackcable cable you should know that Tiptop has a 2-year warranty on all their stackcable cables that they've produced since 2017.

Last week I found myself in a fit of rage as I discovered that my one and only 90cm black stackcable decided to become an attenuator as well, and began significantly reducing any signal that went through it, rendering it useless. 'How long has it been doing this without me noticing?' I embarrassingly wondered. I had only gotten this cable a little more than a year ago and began thinking how dumb I could be to waste a whole $6 on a cable that was just going to crap out on me so soon like that. And after all, 'who returns or gets a refund on a cable?' I thought. But after some quick searching to see if any others have had this shared experience, I found that Tiptop in fact has a very decent warranty policy on their cables, which you can find linked below. I sent an email to Sweetwater telling them about this dead wire that I bought from them and asked how I could go about returning it for a new one. After a few days I saw a missed phone call and voicemail from one of their tech reps who was kind enough to inform me that since it was more than a year after the purchase date, I was pretty much shit out of luck. But after promptly calling them back and citing Tiptop's not 1, but 2!-year policy, I had a replacement cable in the mail and making its way to my door where it just arrived today.

So ends my unfrivolous saga and let it be know that your stackcable is guaranteed to carry its voltage load for a full 2 year period. And a kind thank you to Tiptop, for standing behind even the smallest of items on their product line. I mean, at $6 a pop it probably is the least they could do, but it is appreciated none the less.

http://www.tiptopaudio.com/manuals/Tiptop_Audio_stackcable_warranty.pdf

submitted by /u/ZeeHanzenShwanz
[link] [comments]