Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Controlling Volcas with usb Midi & Ableton?
Staff
#1
0
0
Controlling Volcas with usb Midi & Ableton?

Hey! So recently I've been looking at getting a Volca Keys as a first synth.

I'm planning on using it not for live performance, but as a regular external synth in Ableton.

Thing is, I already have a full sized midi keyboard connected in USB only (no midi pins) to my laptop.

My goal is to control the synth using the full sized keyboard, and also being abled to use Ableton sequencer to trigger the synth.

How would you guys approach this setup? I already have a focusrite solo card, but there's no midi whatsoever on it. I guess I would need to buy some midi box from ableton to the synth?

(And also, since Volcas are cheap I will probably get a beats later in the process... So the midi issue would be also a problem, because I want to be able to control the two synth separately using the same midi keyboard)

Thanks for the feedback!

submitted by /u/madvock
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
New Module Puts B.A.C.H. Into Your Modul...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Audacity 4 Brings New Tools, New Look To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Cassettone, “The Poor Man’s Mellotron”, ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Free Mods Bring New Features To Akai MPC...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Fluxophone Turns Anything Into a Haunted...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
North American Electronic Sound Expo (NA...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2