Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Advice for 2nd synthesizer (Seq. Prophets...)
Staff
#1
0
0
Advice for 2nd synthesizer (Seq. Prophets...)

I have had a Prophet Rev2 for just over a year. I think it's an amazing instrument, but a lot of the time I feel like I'm fighting it for a good sound - and that I just don't use most of the modulation slots. I am considering adding a second synth to my arsenal that is a bit more "instant gratification" - P6 or OB6. They are both considerably more expensive than the Rev2 but just seem to sound significantly better to my ears. Any advice on what to do here? Should I keep the Rev2 and just push myself to get better at programming it, and also get a second synth? Should I sell the Rev2 and just replace it with one of the others? I should say that I'm by no means an expert in programming synthesizers, the Rev2 is my first ever hardware synth and before purchasing it was a "presets only" type of guy.

submitted by /u/eltorodelosninos
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Most simple VCF on earth
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:10 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6