Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Long Shot: Any Expert Roland S-550/S-50 Users Out There?
Staff
#1
0
0
Long Shot: Any Expert Roland S-550/S-50 Users Out There?

I want to copy the extensive free S-550 sample libraries onto some good old fashioned floppy disks for use in my Roland S-550. The catch? I use a MacMini with current OS and only vague memories of how to use windows or floppy drivers (I'm by no means a savvy computer-ist, i.e. no windows partitions on my system or anything remotely advanced.) I picked up a cheap USB floppy drive from amazon (Tendak) to test if this is do-able. Right now I'm sitting with a massive zip file of 80 factory banks saved on my desktop. so far so good. I'm waiting on a pack of blank disks to arrive so can't trial-and-error yet but am wondering if I'm missing a step, or if I can just drag these disk images directly to the floppy drive and that's it? I assume I'll need to format the blank disks in the S-550 before attempting to write the samples onto them. Anyone see a missing step that I'm not seeing or potential hiccups? Any input is well appreciated and I thank you all in advance!

submitted by /u/CoffeePockets
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Arturia’s AstroLab Family Receives 2.0 U...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
UDO Audio DMNO ON: How Many Knobs Would ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0