Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any modules close to PS3100/multiple resonator?
Staff
Any modules close to PS3100/multiple resonator?

I've recently been hooked on the idea of multiple resonator filters in my patches. There seems to be a couple of replicas of the PS3100 Korg filter in different formats that I am a bit interested in, however they seem to be quite difficult to get your hands on.

First off there is a standalone rack unit called MAM RS3 which is based on the PS3100. This is not made anymore as far as I understand, and I've been looking for one on Reverb for a really long time with no luck.

Then we have the Eurorack replicas, which is more preferable, but also hard to find. The Fonitronik PS3100 is based on the same effect, but it only comes as DIY (on Thonk for example). I do have some experience with DIY, but not enough to get this module working. It has no real build instructions, only a blueprint of the finished PCB. Too difficult for me (it even says that it's not a beginner project). It also comes in two different sizes, "normal" and "XS". I've seen the normal sized on sale on Reverb, but it's just way too big for what it does. The XS is more preferable, and which I've also seen for sale on Reverb from time to time, but only from the US (I'm in Europe and the customs and fees is just a bit too much hustle for me).

There is a similar module from Nonlinearcircuits called Resonate which once again is based on the PS3100. This also only seems to be available as a DIY kit, and I can't find any for sale.

So instead of just waiting for any of these to appear on Reverb for sale in Europe, would you happen to know if this type of effect could be easily achieved in any other way? I'm guessing it's just 3-4 modulated resonating bandpass filters, but it's not like I want to get 4 filters just for that, when you can clearly fit that into one module.

Thanks for any input!

submitted by /u/datschaub
[link] [comments]