Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building a social sound sharing platform!
Staff
Building a social sound sharing platform!

Hi everyone!

Last months I started building on the idea of a platform to share sounds (patches or samples) online, and eventually build a community based on synthesizers. I was wondering if I could get some early feedback from anybody who has the time to fill out a small google form (at the bottom of this post). I’m really curious on what everybody’s thoughts are about this.

I already did some research, this has been tried before :
- patchbend.com, the creator also posted a similar post here, but it’s not online anymore.
- patcharena.com, but their content is mostly based on software synths, the content is kind of outdated and so is the look and feel.
- There are currently some other websites where you can buy patches, including the ones of individual creators, and I want to centralize this.

I want to create something that feels familiair, is easy to use and understand, something people get excited about ( besides me Smile ), and a platform that will be maintained well and adds new functionality along the way.

Some of the functionalities I had in mind or have already been working on include:

- Share or sell your own patches (in whatever file extension, or just a description on how to re-create this patch)

- Explore patches categorized by synths and sounds
- User generated synth categories (so you can add a synth yourself if it’s not there)
- Share your jams made with a patch (or maybe just sharing jams alone could be interesting, to discover other peoples music)

I think this might work if there is enough valuable content, which is of course all user generated, so people that would like to help out are welcome! (You can leave your email behind in the form below).

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfIjt18buXwCV1lmd5CbJ8lS4Ccr2LV6-z8833urSGeR6aDDw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/fabiantjoeaon
[link] [comments]