Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Non-specific tips for ambient/generative
Staff
#1
0
0
Non-specific tips for ambient/generative

So, I know this is probably a stereotypical post, but hopefully I can take a new angle. I've seen a ton of posts on this sub around what gear is necessary for making ambient, and they always get decent responses. One thing I don't see is a good description of the actual techniques to make soundscapes/generative/ambient music. Can anyone give some tips and tricks for general patching ideas that can lead to cool ambient music that isn't gear specific (so like no "ohh you just need to run everything through mimeophon"Wink.

It would be awesome if they could be framed up in the more "standard" eurorack tools (generic oscillators, LFOs, modulation, etc). I know effects are necessary, so we can include those, but I'd like to stay more general (reverb, delay vs clouds and magneto). I think my rack has a little bit of most stuff, so I like to think I could give this kind of patching a shot, but I don't know where to start? Anyone feel like they can help?

submitted by /u/devolution710
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
EVE Audio partner with Arturia
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
5 of the Best Analog Polysynths: Tones S...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Analogue Solutions ship second Filtopia ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7