Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rainmaker vs Echoboy
Staff
#1
0
0
Rainmaker vs Echoboy

I'm interested in persepctives from wigglers who have used both Intellijel Rainmaker and Soundtoys Echoboy. I currently use my limited modular setup to record stems into a DAW for follow-on manipulation. While Echoboy does get me to some happy accidents, I still use it primarily as a "preset machine." What I like about Rainmaker is that it seems to travel far and wide from the source material and arrive at discoveries that traditional delays could. Is the Echoboy just as deep, and I'm not putting in the time, or is Rainmaker really something I should check out?

​

I do enjoy working in a DAW (I make experimental downtempo), and see modular as a way of getting places that the computer can't take me. That, and it's damn fun. Here's my simple setup (minus the Rainmaker and C4rbon). Suggestions welcomed!

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1259718

edit: typos

submitted by /u/mini_thins
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Trilling Synth DARP - Dreamy Dual Arpegg...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 17
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22