Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monome Crow is the most interesting module I’ve seen in 2hp. How do you use yours?
Staff
Monome Crow is the most interesting module I’ve seen in 2hp. How do you use yours?

The Monome Crow is an interesting little module. It’s only 2hp and it has two inputs and four outputs that you can program to respond to, modulate and create CV.

I picked one up because I had 2hp to spare and a need to convert 0-5V CV to -5-5V CV. I wrote a script to do just that, and to convert to 0-8V on the remaining two outputs. The function I programmed is simple, but it appears you can create anything you would want to do with CV - LFOs, envelopes, random or sequenced voltage with or without quantizing, slew, etc. There is a library of scripts others have shared, which include complex chaos CV based on flocking and random movement mathematical patterns and interesting rhythm generators.

I’d suggest anyone with 2hp to fill to check it out. I’m also interested to know how those who already have one are using it. I have next to no programming knowledge, but it was so satisfying to create my first script, I’m excited to make others.

It’s worth pointing out that Crow also allows you to code live and interface with other modules and controllers Monome makes. As I write this, I realize it is starting to sound like an ad. I’m not affiliated with Monome in any way. I’m just a lot more excited about my last 2hp than I thought I would be.

submitted by /u/xxeyes
[link] [comments]