Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Should I get better on ableton before buying hardware ?
Staff
#1
0
0
Should I get better on ableton before buying hardware ?

Hello there !

Musician for 10 years now, and when I was studying I made some music on my computer.
It was neither bad nor good, I'd say above average of what beginners usually do. I stopped because I really don't like spending time on my computer. And making music on the computer is not really fun.

So about a month ago I wanted to get back on producing electronic music but wanted to avoid the computer.

I'd like to have fun producing house, hard techno and ambient music.

So after a lot of research I bought an Octatrack, aware that it's a lot to learn but I don't mind.

It's been about a month working on it everyday and I kind of feel that I made the wrong choice. I'm quite often stuck in the loop, and feel frustrated. It feels weird working only with samples, I miss tweaking synths (I did that a lot on vst's)
I end up using it like a big digitakt, and I feel like I'm under-using it because I have no other gear to sequence, mix, process etc...

​

What would you do ? Should I get better on ableton so I develop my creativity ? Or should I buy something else (like digitakt + digitone or else) ?

​

Cheers

submitted by /u/dadboule
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Bass++ Mods
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8