Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What do I need to know about building my own rack furniture?
Staff
#1
0
0
What do I need to know about building my own rack furniture?

As I've gotten more gear, I've run into the problem of not having enough space on my desk for it all. To solve this, I'm considering building my own small studio rack (something along the lines of this) as a little woodworking DIY project, but before I do so I've got a few questions for anyone who has done something similar.

  • Is there any particular type of wood that would be appropriate for this project?

  • What accommodations in construction do I need to make in the name of heat management?

  • Is it necessary to have a space in between each piece of equipment (audio/midi interfaces, synthesizers, etc.)?

  • What are some good brands for rack rails?

submitted by /u/vacuumsaregreat
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
In Memory of Street Art I
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Antares release AutoTune Advanced
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Expressive E update the Osmose
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Synchro Arts unveil VocAlign 7
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2