Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roland Juno 60 calibration issues
Staff

Hi,

I am currently trying to calibrate my Roland Juno 60, but I am facing the following problems:

Section 5-2 VCA OFFSET: no change when turning VR5 of channels CHx.

Section 7-3 LFO OFFSET: signal oscillates around ground potential, no matter into which direction I turn VR3.

Section 8-7 VCF LFO GAIN: SM says to adjust to 6 Vpp, but truning VR8 allows only for 4.1 Vpp max.(See attached picture. I think I read about this problem somewhere before, but can't find the respective post anymore.)

I followed the calibration instructions in the SM and all steps went fine except the three ones I mentioned above. I have a cable plugged-in to patch shift jack and loaded the respective test patches as mentioned in th SM. I double checked this (used the gate signal) and the Junio 60 is actually in test mode. I also thought that the patches might be corrupted and reloaded the wav file without errors, but the issues persisted. Used the fader positions from the overview table in the SM without success. All PSU voltages are calibrated and measure fine. I am using an USB scope (Voltcraft DSO 1052, i.e. 50 MHz, 150 MS/s and a Fluke 87 V DMM), they synth is connected to an isolation transformer and of course I do use special plastic screwdriver build for calibration tasks. There is no particular issue with this synth, just wanted to calibrate it before installing Tubbutec 66 Midi mod. Actually, some settings were out of spec which I corrected during calibration. The synth is not connected to an amp. For CPU board calibration (e.g all related to TP4 like 8-7 VCF LFO Gain) I used the particular ground pin from there. For calibration tasks related to TP19 (panel board A) i used the PSU heat sink as ground.

Not sure how to add videos to this post as Reddit says that these are not possible in gallery.

Any hints on how to solve the issues above are highly appreciated. Thanks.

Section 7-3 LFO OFFSET: signal oscillates around ground potential, no matter into which direction I turn VR3.

5-2 VCA OFFSET roll view (other channel), no change when turning VR5 of channel.

5-2 VCA OFFSET Y-T view, no change when turning VR5 of channel.

Section 8-7 VCF LFO GAIN: SM says to adjust to 6 Vpp, but truning VR8 allows only for 4.19 Vpp max.

submitted by /u/dstefane7473
[link] [comments]