Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help with keyboard outputs
Staff
#1
0
0
Help with keyboard outputs

Hey Reddit,

asking for help here. I recently got a Yamaha YPT - 220 keyboard. I wanna use it both as a keyboard I can plug in and play the already installed sounds as well as a MIDI keyboard. I'm not sure how I could connect it tho...

I already figured out I can use the headphone jack with a cable as an output to use the sounds it comes with but I'm not so sure about MIDI... It has both MIDI in and out ports, but even if I got a MIDI cable where would I connect it on the other end? I have a small U-PHORIA UM2 audio interface but then I would have to buy a MIDI to XLR cable? would that work? perhaps a MIDI to USB and just skip the middle man? I'm not sure...

submitted by /u/OffbeatFluffy92
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Buchla Ziggy Synthesizer Now Expected To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
SynthSkool Intros Degauss Vintage Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Ocean Swift Intros Wave Editor For Mac &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Free Evolving Drone And String Synth : K...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Spectral Sound Morpher : Dystopian Waves...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Free Four-Track Recorder For Windows : F...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Hands-On True-Stereo Algorithmic Reverb ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5