Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talk me out of returning my Moog Mother 32
Staff
Talk me out of returning my Moog Mother 32

I’ve got a good deal of experience using analog synthesizers and I was really excited to get one so I bought a Mother 32 from Moog and... I’m thinking of returning it. Side note I currently own a moog DFAM and absolutely LOVE ? it.

Right off the get go the things I don’t like about the Mother 32 are: I find the sequencer on the Mother 32 to be ultra convoluted and complicated. It’s just plain olde not fun to use.

Syncing it with the DFAM is tedious, time consuming and not intuitive. I’m just not a fan of mashing a million buttons every time I want to use the two of them synched together and I’m often left listening and wondering... is it synched?? Or slightly off- Many times it is off which is super frustrating.

The calculator buttons are kind of a drag and it’s hard to tell which mode I’m in. (Initially I was looking forward to these Calculator buttons)

Now this is probably due to my limited time spent with the device but I have not gotten the mother 32 to produce any jaw dropping amazing sounds as of yet. Mostly boring run of the mill stuff. Again most definitely due to my lack of knowledge of this device.

Just want to put it out there I’m not trying to hate on moog or bring about any moog rants.

I’m not looking for the typical “well it’s not for everyone” response so give me some juicy moog meat to sink my teeth into (that just doesn’t sound right)

Give me your best shot at convincing me to keep my Mother. ( doesn’t sound right either)

As always your responses are much appreciated!! Thank you ?

submitted by /u/newenglands
[link] [comments]