Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another sync thread but is it any different ?
Staff
Another sync thread but is it any different ?

I know there are plenty of thoses threads about sync because i've just read almost all of them. My setup is currently like this Ableton master clock send clock sending 24ppqn via adat into Expert sleepers Es3 (it's 1.5ms or so to send it via adat) To Pamela New Workout which is set to 24ppqn

Pamela New workout clock everything else in the rack including the vector which is the main eurorack seq. Ableton also clock the torso t-1 via usb and the ErM Multiclock via audio

When i monitor ableton clock out via the es 3 back to the es6 directly it's really steady. When i send it to PNW and monitor PNW it keep drifting like this every X bars (it seems to depend..) It doesnt do it all the time sometimes it's every 11 bars sometimes its not doing it for 80 bars.. https://i.imgur.com/uuwOLc0.png

I know i could slave ableton to pamela but it's not that great of a controller to dial BPM. The ERM could be the clock but then i loose 2 channel one for pam and one for ableton which actually sucks..

I know i'm not the only one having clock issues with pamela and someone on Modwiggler said something about the clock signal being less than 5v to not mess up with pamela which is what i'm doing.

What are my alternatives seems pamela isnt rock solid ? Should i buy an ableton link module or just drop the ableton master ? Idk what to do but pamela is giving me troublesss

I want to be able to change my tempo and still have stuff tracking without adjusting them manually which sucks but idk if its even doable in 2021 with this setup

submitted by /u/telkmx
[link] [comments]