Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research and portfolio request.
Staff
Research and portfolio request.

Hello music folks. Hope you're all keeping well.

(TLDR do you make music, would you like to take part in a (free) podcast series?)

I'm a mature student of Audio Production and as part of my course this year I am required to deliver a creative portfolio concept.

What I have decided to do is compile a series of podcasts that are aimed at engaging with producers, listen to one of your tracks (not review it) talk about it, your identity as a producer /artist, journey, philosophy, aims, purpose, preferred gear etc... among other things, running to 20 to 30 minutes each, (I'm still fleshing out the format)

The series will be broadcast part of the college's online radio show and uploaded to the usual suspects, and if the concept gets enough participant interest will run bi monthly over at least the next 2 years, and if it really takes off, will be a feature of the radio production courses the college offers.

We will be building a playlist too both for Spotify and the radio show in general. There is no cost involved, all totally voluntary.

I'm keen to understand what level of interest there would be in getting involved as an interviewee and taking part is some questionnaires and pre interview research discussions on the format, it's value to the listener, and participant.

Level of experience isn't important, though my preference is towards those that are earlier on in their hobby / career as indies, amateurs and tinkerers, though professionals are welcome too, and would/could serve as inspirational discussions/features

I am aware I could just sign up as a curator at submithub or similar and may well do, but initially would like to structure something a bit more personal and more interested in the person and mindset than the music, if you see what I mean?

If you have any thoughts and opinions, please do share them in the comments as any answer is valuable and will be a valid contribution to the discussion and my research.

Thank you and hopefully we'll speak soon.

RK X

submitted by /u/RepublicKlutzy9338
[link] [comments]