Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With Afterneath V3 CV Into Expression Input
Staff
Help With Afterneath V3 CV Into Expression Input

Video for reference.

Posting here as there is crossover between Guitar pedal, modular CV, and a Synth playing through the pedal.

Sorry about the "pop" noises in the middle of the video, my cat was sharpening her claws at the time of filming.

Hello all.

Many of you are familiar with the expression control introduced in V3 of the EQD Afterneath. To make it quick and simple, you control the drag knob with it, and you get these cool slide-glitch effects (you can hear it in the video).

EQD specifically advertises that this pedal also accepts CV in the 0 - 5 V range in the expression input.

This is what I am trying to accomplish in the video. I am generating CV with the Arturia Keystep 37's mod wheel. I have this device specifically setup to where the mod wheel will output no more than 5V, so we are good there. However, as you can hear, these occasional awful sounding static noises come through when attempting to manipulate this control.

More context regarding the power setup:

- The Keystep 37 was powered via USB into a laptop in this clip. However, I have repeated the issue even when I plug the Keystep 37 into the same surge protector as where the pedal (Afterneath) is powered. Now, I am by no means an experienced electrician, but if they are plugged into the same surge protector, that should eliminate ground loops right?

- The pedal is powered via Voodoo Pedal Power ISO 5.

- I do want to mention that when I actually use a true expression pedal, the noise goes away. To me, this indicates some sort of electrical interference between the CV source and the pedal.

- Lastly, I'm using this cable to connect my CV source to the Afterneath V3 expression in. An article here mentioned this cable was the safest way to do so.

Any ideas as to what the issue might be? I'm stumped.

submitted by /u/cainer11
[link] [comments]